Sunday, March 6, 2011

Shopping Addiction






Installation Art is a form of creative art that is three dimensional. It gives the obsever the chance to be apart of the this form and also be able to interact with the art.

All types of things and objects are used in installation art once it is a three deminstional shape.

An artist chooses to make installation art to allow the obsever to be one with the art work. To be able to view it as an art form that is real instead of a drawing that is an illusion, art installation to the observer is viewing real life.

For my project, the most piece of art I felt a connection with was the clothes piled on top of the container because usually when I go shopping, I buy so many clothes I really have no place to put it, since my closet is filled.

The theme for this project represents self because I am one who loves to shop for clothes and I think it shows inside my room through all the clothes piled one on top the other.

The materials that were used were clothes and also hangers.

The location for my project was located in my bedroom because this is where all the clothes that I went to buy are located and also this is where one can see that I shop alot.

Overall, for this project, Shop addiction, I wanted to show viewers how one loves to shop; that the clothes sort of takeover the bedroom and how when one shops, there is no more closet space so the only space is hanging on the door, the walls, and piling on top of other objects. This form of art focuses on color because I want the viewer to see the main object I was trying to get, which were the clothes Also in planning this I wanted to show how one can create installation art using everyday things.

No comments:

Post a Comment