Friday, March 4, 2011

My Experience in Other Blogs

1. Project #1. http://artinkimslife.blogspot.com/2011/02/gallery-visit.html
Project #2. http://artinquiries.blogspot.com/2011/02/albright-knox.html?showComment=1299293503775#c4983093872146831334

2. When viewing Project #1: there was a variety of different types of art such as oil paintings, works done on lithgraph, sculptures, and other painting portraits. Each art piece has an elementor pricnciple disscussed in theis course. For example, the portrait of Marylin Monoroe represents color and the work of "standing mother and child" represents form.

3. In Project #2, there were actually some similarities to my project work. For example, in my classmate's picture of the art work of "Urban Landscape Buffalo" by Zhan Wang, there is a similar concept to the pictures I have taken on an artist who creates the way land and places are form. Although both have the concept of land and the way it is form, both works are created differently.

4. The artwork that got my interest was on project #2. In the work entitled "Baby Girl", the way the form of the baby is made, by being ten times bigger than the adult or the mother I assume, and being made out of wood, It's makes me wonder if the artist's was bringing a message across that a child grows by the minute or that even though children are small, they are a huge responsibility.

5. I think the proess of reading my classmates projects were very insightful. It's good learn something new and read about what the artist was trying to get across instead of just judging an art at first glance.

6. The comments that my peers gave about my project was helpful. I was good to get feedback on the art and how most connected with the art work made up of zippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment