Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Art of the mask






1. The three inspirational photos I have chosen are masks from ancient times. I have chosen these three masks because each one is unique and represents the culture of each region they come from.

2. The first mask I have chosen is the Coyolxauhqui Mask made out of stone. This art piece comes from the Aztec tribe in Mexico. It is carved to have a unique and 3-D shape of the nose and eyes and the lines of the face. The second picture is the example of a tribal mask that used in parts of Africa and the Americas. This mask is often used to ward off evil spirits or used for celebrations. The last art piece is the Ancient Egyptian masked used to emulate the Pharaohs and higher authorities of this time.

3. The elements that I used for my mask are basically focusing on the facial structures and color, I used these colors on the mask's head because I was inspired by reggae music so I used the colors that represent reggae music.

4. Creating this mask was a unique experience for me. It was getting a chance to tap into my creativity and to use inspirations into the mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment