Saturday, February 26, 2011

Karen and Company




1. Working on this logo was a creative experience. The process of creating a logo also involved a lot of thinking on what the concept should be and how the logo was going to symbolize the concept I was trying to establish.

2. The idea to create this logo came from a goal that I use to dream about, meaning that I have always wanted to start my own production company or an organization. For that, I wanted the name of my company to be called "Karen and Company". The art of the logo I've created; the stick figure people represented people who are involved in the company in one way or the other or it represents the masses who support me. The little stick figure holding the balloon with the initials "K & C" which stands for Karen and company, represents the people, the consumer, who supports my brand. Also, I wanted to use different colors for each stick figure to represent diversity. Overall, this logo shows how shape and lines are correlated.

3. The most important discovery I made in creating this logo was that it takes alot of time and thinking to come up with a final plan for the logo. When one sketches a first draft , they might think this is it, but a new idea pops up in one's head and the idea is changed and sketches a new drawing. This can happened so many times until one is satisfied with the final piece.

4. The most important thing I have learned from the resources on creating logos is that it is not an easy task. The graphic artists who are involved in creating these logos always have different ideas or other people may have different ideas about what to do because at the end, the logo is the one that can make something successful in selling or promoting the company or product.

No comments:

Post a Comment